Form available below and is due on 9/2/16.
Dr. Shook’s founding of the BACB established a professional identity for ABA practitioners that have made it possible for an unlimited number of individuals to benefit from behavioral services. It is in his memory that we recognize the work of an outstanding BCBA Practitioner in New England.
If you, a colleague, or someone you supervise are making exceptional and enduring contributions to the quality of life of individuals through the practice of ABA we want to hear from you.
While we are able to select only one nominee as the recipient of the Jerry Shook Practitioner Award each year the true compliment comes from the nomination by a colleague or supervisor who recognizes a practitioner’s outstanding work. So we encourage you to tell a colleague or supervisee that they are doing exceptional work as an applied behavior analyst and because of that you would like to nominate them for the award.
Practitioners you nominate should:
- Possess an advanced degree (masters or doctorate).
- Be board certified in ABA.
- Practice ABA in one of the five New England States.
- Practice in the field of ABA according to its defining dimensions (applied, behavioral, analytic, technological, conceptually systematic, effective, generality).
If you know of a BCBA practitioner who has impressed you over the course of their careers as having made important contribution(s) to the quality of life of an individual(s) through the use of applied behavior analysis, please complete the Jerry Shook Practitioner Award Nomination form describing the contribution(s) they have made and why you feel they should be nominated for the award. In your description, try to emphasize the role ABA has played in this accomplishment. Self-nominations are acceptable.
The winning nominee will:
- Receive free registration to the BABAT conference.
- Attend the speaker’s dinner on Thursday evening at the conference where they will have the opportunity to talk to some of the leading researchers in ABA.
- Receive an award at the conference commemorating their accomplishment.
Please complete the Jerry Shook Practitioner Award Nomination form below.
All nominations must be received no later than 9/2/16 and include the nominee’s and your name, e-mail address, phone number and work location. The winning nominee will be informed by 9/16/16.
Finalists will be contacted by phone for a brief interview on their project(s) and may be required to provide some form of permanent product on their project(s) (e.g., data, protocol, etc.) that will allow us to verify the project(s).